Saturday 2 October 2010

My first blog...

Well, here goes with my first ever foray into the world of blogging!!
First a little about me, I am a Mum to 2 very cheeky and gorgeous boys.  I am a student of homeopathy and have been using it for myself and my family for the last 10 years.  I was led to homeopathy as while I was pregnant with my first son, I began taking a closer look at vaccination and decided that I did not want to go down this route for my child.  Instead I took the responsibility for mine and my family's health and for us, it has definately been the right choice.  Of course, a huge part of this is good nutrition and I am a firm advocate in cooking fresh meals from scratch with fresh ingredients every day, even whilst being a working mum it is possible with planning.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not one of these raw food vegan types.  I'm not even vegetarian and believe that everything is good in moderation.  We have junk food sometimes but not often.  I also use herbal remedies such as Echinacea and Goldenseal and often cook up my own concoctions of garlic, ginger, honey and lemon for coughs and colds.  It has even cleared up stubborn cases of bronchitis.
6 years ago we moved from the UK to Spain and the boys enjoy a healthy outdoor lifestyle with lots of sports and eating lovely fresh food even at school, where the meals are better than at most restaurants!!!   In the UK we also didn't use commercial shampoos and soaps and although I found a stockist for the same shampoo and bodywash that I had used for the boys in the UK, finding things for me that were chemical free and affordable proved much more difficult so, I started making my own body scrubs and body butters with natural vegetable butters and oils.  I also gave some as gifts to friends, colleagues and friends.  The response was very good and it was suggested that I should make for a wider market, which I have.  Please feel free to have a browse around my site  www.galapuro.com .  I will also soon be posting some simple recipes that you can try for yourselves at home.
That's it from me tonight....

No comments:

Post a Comment