Thursday 11 November 2010

Stay fresh, naturally

My 10 year old son was asked to bring a deodorant to school for after PE.  He is only 10 and doesn't even sweat under there yet, let alone smell!!  So, I made him up a little spray bottle of mummy's magic:

Take a 100ml spray bottle and use a mixture of 50% witch hazel & 50% spring or
distilled water.
Add 1 teaspoon of alcohol, 3 drops of Lemongrass, 2 drops of Peppermint and 3 drops of Tea Tree essential oils and shake well.

This simple deodorant is not only incredibly cheap to make, it smells fresh and is a great spritzer during hot weather.  His friends are asking for bottles too!!

I stopped using commercial deodorants over a year ago and use this mixture too.  I also alternate by dabbing a drop of Tea Tree or Patchouli oil under each arm.  I find that I sweat much less and don't get those horrible stiff stains in the underarms of my clothes.

No comments:

Post a Comment